Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 census for London

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annabel

Annabel Report 3 Nov 2004 09:38

is the 1891 census for London complete, keep trying but I can not find my grandmother and her family, can find them in the 1901 census in Fulham ok. ANN

Emma

Emma Report 3 Nov 2004 09:44

Ann, Supposedly it's complete. Post the info here and I'll take a look - another pair of eyes and all that! Emma x

Annabel

Annabel Report 3 Nov 2004 10:11

you are a gem, I am looking for Sarah Elizabeth Barton (40) in the 1891 census was the head daughters Sarah 17, Florence 12, Harriett 19, Rose9, Violet 2, son Charles 20 in 1891 they were living at 11 orchard place Fulham. Sarah the daughter was my grandmother was living at that address in june 1902 when she married gave her fathers name as William George BARTON, many thanks.ANN

Sue

Sue Report 3 Nov 2004 10:49

This (William?)George was a jobbing bricklayer, and Sarah was a washerwoman. Perhaps they are related? Ancestry 1991: Barton, George 54 Fulham, London Head Fulham London Barton, Henry 16 Fulham, London Son Fulham London Barton, Sarah 54 Fulham, London Wife Fulham London Barton, William 13 Fulham, London Son Fulham 43 Cassidy Rd, Fulham Same address: Charles & Henry Butcher Hope it helps! Sue (in NZ)

Emma

Emma Report 3 Nov 2004 10:56

Ann, Not having much luck at the moment. Looks like it's either mistranscribed or missing. What occupation do you have for William George Barton? Emma.

Annabel

Annabel Report 3 Nov 2004 10:59

thanks Susan, know I have the right address I have a copy of my grans marriage cert with it on, did you mean 1891 or 1991? cheers ANN

Sue

Sue Report 3 Nov 2004 11:04

Oops, 1891! You can tell it's just gone midnight here, and I'm being dive-bombed by a mad fly! Time for the wooden hill, methinks. Good luck, anyway. I wondered if the ones I found might be grandparents? Sue

Annabel

Annabel Report 3 Nov 2004 11:10

Hi Emma, on my grans marriage cert William was a general labour found a William (22) and Sarah E BARTON(20) with a son charles (1) in the 1881 census they were living at 13 Dowell mews London middlesex occupation horse keeper ANN

Crista

Crista Report 3 Nov 2004 13:28

Ann, Where does it say Sarah and Charles were born in 1881? Crista

Annabel

Annabel Report 4 Nov 2004 00:28

Hi Crista the BARTONS I spotted on the 1881 were WILLIAM head 22 born Boston Lincoln SARAH E wife 20 Easthamstead Berkshire CHARLES H son 1 Fulham Middlesex just a long shot. ANN

Julie

Julie Report 4 Nov 2004 11:28

Hi Ann i come from Fulham and a lot my ancesters were from Fulham, and what i have notice is on some census there seems to be some addresses missing.