Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any advice for free bmd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 2 Nov 2004 21:40

how do i go about getting information out of free bmd, i type what i know about people but it keeps coming back there's no record i've tried about six different relatives names and it comes back it can't find them.any ideas on tracking them down

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Nov 2004 21:43

Freebmd isn't complete so you may just be unlucky in the people you're looking for aren't on there yet

BrianW

BrianW Report 2 Nov 2004 21:45

freebmd is not complete, but new data is added each month. If what you want is not on there then you will need to pay to view in 1837online, or look it up in a library or FRC.

Carol

Carol Report 2 Nov 2004 21:55

Christopher, Give me a couple of names and approximate dates and area and I will have a look on 1837 (I have plenty of credits)

Angela

Angela Report 3 Nov 2004 15:01

What dates are you looking for? Even the bits that are complete only go as far as the very early 1900's.