Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm at a loss - Please help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 2 Nov 2004 18:44

I'm trying to trace my husbands family tree, but don't know where to go now. So far we have Charles Edward Dean born c1868 (we don't know where he was born). william Edward dean born approximately 1888 (we don't know where he was born either). He Married Daisy Horwood in Bristol in 1901. They had a child by the name of Charles Edward Dean, born 1920, who is my husbands father. he died in 1974. i've tried to find records of them on the 1901 census, but can't find any Charles Edward dean with a son of William Dean age approx 13 at the time. Please could someone advise me how I can move on from where I am. Thanks very Much Dawn

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Nov 2004 18:52

Dawn 1. Can you find any William Deans about the right age, with father just Charles? Full names weren't always recorded on the census. 2. Charles should be on the 1881 census, which is free on www.familysearch.org. If you can find him, it should give his date and place of birth to enable a better search for his birth cert. nell

Dawn

Dawn Report 2 Nov 2004 18:57

I have tried this, but there are so many charles on the census records, and he wouldn't have had any children by then, so it could be any of them, as I don't know what area he was from. I have also tried to find on the 1901 census records any Charles with a son by the name of william, but again there are so many of them.

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 2 Nov 2004 18:57

just to make sure is charles - william Edward father?

Dawn

Dawn Report 2 Nov 2004 19:01

yes Charles is williams' father.

Dawn

Dawn Report 2 Nov 2004 19:05

Maz - Thanks for this information. I will try and investigate them all. Dawn.

Dawn

Dawn Report 2 Nov 2004 19:11

Maz I'm really sorry, but I've just realised I gave you the wrong name it is William Charles Dean born approx 1888 whose father is charles Edward dean born c1868. Thanks Dawn

Dawn

Dawn Report 2 Nov 2004 19:26

Thanks maz - I'll look into this now.

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 2 Nov 2004 19:30

on 1901 i found William Dean 9 Lewisham, Kent, England Pauper Inmate Penge Surrey

Dawn

Dawn Report 2 Nov 2004 19:38

Louise - thank you. I will try and find this and any other household members to see if this leads me anywhere. It's getting really frustrating - I thought it was suppose to be fun!!!