Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PAF5 -v- Family Tree Maker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ri (Marie)

Ri (Marie) Report 2 Nov 2004 16:59

Hi everyone, I downloaded the PAF5 and am using it quite well, but would anyone know if the Family Tree Maker from Genealogy.com etc is better? If it is, then I can have it for my birthday! thanks Ri

Heather

Heather Report 2 Nov 2004 17:17

I dont really know about the PAF, but I have FT2005 and I think its great. Lots of different features (some I havent even realised yet Im sure). Add photos, make trees, descendants charts, time line charts, it works out your relationships you can do a tree for just one line. I think its great. Also you have a web site included just for your family home page on the net.

Wendy

Wendy Report 4 Nov 2004 01:19

Me too. I have FAMILY TREE MAKER and find it very easy to use. You can put in photos and print off various trees and reports. It is very kind!---it corrects obvious mistakes you make e.g. she was married before she was born? You have input the wrong date!!! Wendy

Wayne the boy from OZ

Wayne the boy from OZ Report 4 Nov 2004 02:39

I use both. I have my file in family treemaker. And any gedcom file that are sent to me, I edit in Paf and then import into family tree maker. Wayne

June

June Report 4 Nov 2004 07:22

I couldn't get to grips with Family Tree Maker but have no problem with PAF5, I suppose it just boils down to what you are comfortable with. June