Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What now ???????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Willy

Willy Report 2 Nov 2004 14:09

Been doing my family tree for a while now,but cant seem to get any further than my G/G grandfather,who was born in Louth Union Workhouse,there was an Elizabeth in there at the same time aged 27,was this his mother ???.Was her maiden name Archer ???.Apart from doing a 350 mile round trip to Lincoln archives,what can l do.GIVE UP.Am l chasing a lost cause ??.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 2 Nov 2004 14:11

Hi, When was he born? Gwynne

Amanda

Amanda Report 2 Nov 2004 14:12

what is the name? i can do a search on ancestory for you, and might be able to locate information on a birth cerificate for you to order, then this will give you the mothers name. amanda

Willy

Willy Report 2 Nov 2004 14:22

Ernest Archer b c1885.

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 2 Nov 2004 16:03

Hi, As he was born after 1837 his birth reference should be on freebmd or 1837online. His birth cert will give you his mother's name. Gwynne