Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Your thoughts about the email system.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 1 Nov 2004 20:17

On the old system, you sent a message and the recipient then had your email address.

Carol

Carol Report 1 Nov 2004 20:19

When we send a message, should there be a box alongside the reveal tree box to tick if we wish our email address to be revealed to the recipient? Along with changing the view tree from opt out to opt in, the reveal email address should be opt in as well. Maybe we should get the tree thing sorted first.

Carol

Carol Report 1 Nov 2004 20:25

I dont mean go back to the old way. I mean to give us the option. When you need someones email address to send an image, it is so easy to make a typo when sending it. I know, I have done it myself.

Debbie

Debbie Report 1 Nov 2004 20:45

The reason they dont send email addresse's anymore is that now if you are not a member you cannot reply. You have to pay to send the email. It is just money making on their part. The problem is that when you send a few emails out for a connection and you dont get replies you get annoyed thinking that they are just ignorant, but a lot of the time it is that they cannot reply to you unless they pay their £7.50. So perhaps if you started putting your email address in all the mails you send from here non members would be able to reply.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Nov 2004 21:00

I preferred the old system. That way when you replied to someone it gave your email addy so that they can email you back direct and that would give theirs. I am having a hard time collating my inbox. I have set up a genealogy folder, but now that nearly all my emails are from Contact at Genes Reunited instead of their names it is very hard to combine the mail to and from one individual together. I know that is available on "My Contacts", but sometimes I don't want to have to be on GR to read my emails. GR or should I say Grrrrrrrrr!!! Jim

BrianW

BrianW Report 1 Nov 2004 22:26

Is it just me, or have new contacts dried up since the system changed, I used to get two or three a month, but recently: nothing.