Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Argentina query

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 1 Nov 2004 19:51

Hi everyone, I've a relative Edmund Gifford who was born [illigitimate] in Buckie,Banff,Scotland in 1891. On Edmund's birth cert is a RCE stamp[record of corrected entries] saying paternity was established and Alexander Kellas was the father of said child. I have his marriage certificate :married Isabella Smith 1909 in Buckie. He and his wife had a son[the only child i know of] William Gifford in 1911. There is also a Stamp on the birth certificate saying the birth entry was re-registered in 1950. The name he re-registered was Edward Kellas Gifford, and the address he gave in 1950 was Sichihcha 490 Temperley FCNG Roca,Buenos Aires Argentina. How would i go about trying to find information about people who lived in Argentina? I think he may have been working on the railways. Someone who helped me out suggested he may have been trying for Argentinian Citizenship and needed the birth cert in the name he was now using. Are there any records to check if he became an Agentinian citizen? If anyone's got any helpful suggestions i would be mighty glad of a shove in the right direction. Cheers,Carole.

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 1 Nov 2004 20:37

Carole. I know how you feel! I have records I would like to trace in Brazil, not going well though!! Hope this may help, It has me. Go to genealogy(.)com They have a message board for Argentina. Place a message on there for help. Hopefully someone will be able to help you from there. I did this for Brazil, and a really nice man helped me find the records I needed. He even translated my letters into Portugues for me. Thats the best advice i can give. good luck Pat

Carole

Carole Report 1 Nov 2004 23:08

Thanks Pat , i shall give it a go and hope for the best. Fingers crossed,Carole.