Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could Someone Help Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Craig

Craig Report 1 Nov 2004 18:52

I'm having difficulty tracing members of my family that I lost contact with as a baby. Although Leeds and Pontefract aren't a million miles apart, when my grandma died in 1974 the rest of my family lost contact with the rest of hers( I believe there was some bad feeling). The trouble is I just don't know how to go about tracing anyone who might still be alive. I know that she had siblings, some brothers and at least one sister, but haven't got a clue how to start. Any help would be appreciated. many thanks....Craig

Craig

Craig Report 1 Nov 2004 18:59

Thankyou.

Sidami

Sidami Report 1 Nov 2004 19:01

Craig, I wish you lots of luck in tracing your family, just keep posting on here and you will find that there are loads of people out there that will help you get started.

Mo

Mo Report 1 Nov 2004 19:09

craig do you know any of their names? first or second? as it will be easy to search for them. even if u have one. its still a start. u will gets lots of help on this site mate, if anyone can do it it is your friends from GR, just ask and let us know the info you remember even the tiniest wee thing you might not think is appropriate can always help. it worked for me last night and now i have the task of putting all the info into my tree. its gonna take me yonks but thats why i came here i guess. Good luck and happy hunting. let us all know how you get on. we will search with you as well. take care mo

cazzabella

cazzabella Report 1 Nov 2004 19:16

Hi Craig, What info do you have at the moment...ie grandmother's maiden name, date and place of birth and death, husband's name etc.? Cazza