Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help just started

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 1 Nov 2004 16:36

please could anyone help ?? i have just started researching my family tree/history i know my grandparents names were Thomas Standley and Ellen Standley (nee Riley) they lived in Oldham Manchester thats where they married as well my grandmother Ellen's family came from Tipparey in Ireland i am stuck from there dont know what to do its all new to me Thomas was born 1907 Ellen was born 1909 they had 5 children (1 being my dad) can anyone give me some advice on what to do next many thanks Ellen (margery1st name ) no like 1st name

Amanda

Amanda Report 1 Nov 2004 16:54

hi there do you know where your grandparents where born i can have a look for you to see if i can find any record for you Amanda

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Nov 2004 16:55

Hi Margery and welcome. First of all, if you want to change your name on here to Ellen, you just go into 'account details' on the left hand side and enter your password to log in. You can then change your name to anything you like! Don't ever worry about asking questions because we all had to start somewhere. If you scroll down the screen a bit and look again on the left hand side, you will see 'New to GR'. This section will give you lots of advice on how to get started. Have a browse through some of the threads on this Tips board (threads are the subjects) to help you find your way round a bit. It won't take long, I only joined in April and have got quite a few on my tree now. Good luck and happy hunting! Mandy :)

Amanda

Amanda Report 1 Nov 2004 16:56

just found this information that maybe connection Name: THOMAS STANDLEY Death Year: 1993 Age: 87 Birth Date: 18 Mar 1906 Death Registration Month/Year: Jun/93 Registration District: Oldham Inferred County: Greater Manchester Register Number: OA26B Entry number: 66

Ellen

Ellen Report 1 Nov 2004 17:04

right the info i got off my dad is as follows THOMAS STANDLEY b. 9TH JUNE 1907 d. 1988/89 RELIGIN PROTITSENE (sorry about spellings)

Ellen

Ellen Report 1 Nov 2004 17:33

thanks Baz i will have a look and see if i can find any thing out

Ellen

Ellen Report 1 Nov 2004 17:42

how do i get the information like what u found for me i am sorry if i am being dumb but i am so lost :$