Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Being thick, need help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 1 Nov 2004 12:59

I know Im being thick here but I do have a bad chest infection at mo (thats my excuse). If someone is shown as 39 in the 1851 census what would be the range of dates for their birth please?

Carol

Carol Report 1 Nov 2004 13:26

I think the 1851 census was taken in April, so a person aged 39 could have been born between April/May 1811 and March/April 1813 Hope that helps and that you are feeling better soon.

Carol

Carol Report 1 Nov 2004 13:27

You are not being thick. It is just your train of thought has gone into a siding or even a tunnel.

Heather

Heather Report 1 Nov 2004 13:49

Many thanks guys, I have had this infection for a month now and it is seriously knocking me out. Felt like a very old lady when I went shopping yesterday, having to stop every few yards for a rest! Thank gawd for penecillin, eh. My poor Grandad died from a chest infection. Thanks for sorting that out for me, I sat here, writing down the possible dates and then thinking, no thats not right, just couldnt get my head round it. I received a birth cert this morning, having waited with baited breath to find out maiden name of my GGMx2 - guess what - Smith! I am trying to find her in IGI born in St George in the East, Mary Ann Smith. Just couldnt work out what years/months would cover it from her age in the 1851 census - also her death in 1867 shown age 54. Many thanks.