Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A BIG THANK YOU TO Crista

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat

Pat Report 1 Nov 2004 11:36

Just proves never give up. Please see below.

Pat

Pat Report 1 Nov 2004 11:37

Crista, Just to let you when you gave me that new info about Isabella and the Wilding family I started to work back again comparing all the cenus I had saved for the Wildings that I could remotely match up. It was only when you gave me the 1891 census of her family that I realised there was something I had missed. When I first went looking for her I checked the 1901 census address for where she lived between 1902 and 1905 (address from her two boys birth certs)I had saved the image of the 1901 census for that address and there is a William Greening with a daughter ISABELLA just about the same age as Isabella same place of birth at the time I first got this I did nothing with it but going back to 1891 William Greening census there is a load of lodgers living in his house in Berkshire including an ERABELLA WILDEN same age, same birth place as my Isabella??? This is too much of coincidence I now believe the mystery of Isabella is solved thanks to you and your search my search for her on the census is complete, I obviuosly do not know why she isn't with her family I probably will never know. Many many thanks Crista. Pat x

Crista

Crista Report 1 Nov 2004 12:08

Thanks Pat. No wonder we couldn't find her. Here's the final piece of the puzzle. 1881 Census. Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability William GRINNING Head M Male 30 Ardwick, Gloucester, England Carter Jane GRINNING Wife M Female 41 Westbury On Severn Housekeeper John REYNOLDS Lodger U Male 48 Cambridge, England Excavator Frederick WILDING Lodger Male 15 Gloucester, England Carter John PIMLOTT Lodger Male 16 Manchester, Lancashire, England Carter Henry JOHNSON Visitor Male 3 Bridgelon South Wales, Wales Source Information: Dwelling 73 Old Road Census Place Newton In Ashton Under Lyme, Cheshire, England Family History Library Film 1341968 Public Records Office Reference RG11 Piece / Folio 4049 / 16 Page Number 5 Look who's living with the Greenings in 1881? Best wishes, Crista

Pat

Pat Report 1 Nov 2004 12:18

Crista, Ah 1881. That's what I was looking for while LDS has been down and I couldnt find them on Family History on line, no wonder with that spelling. Now I wonder who this Greening/Grinning bloke is? its very strange, not your worry though. I feel a lot lighter today, and I am not sure my new name fits anymore? although maybe it does. Brilliant stuff. You never disclose how you do it? its incredible. Again Many Many Thanks All the best Pat x

Crista

Crista Report 1 Nov 2004 12:22

Pat, Frederick was obviously younger than we first thought. Could be this childless couple took Isabella under their wings. Not sure now whether to believe Frederick was from Ripon or Gloucester. Crista

Crista

Crista Report 1 Nov 2004 12:37

Pat, Got some more: Births Mar 1864 WILDING Frederick Gloucester 6a 282 1871: Jane Gennings 30 Wesllurgan Tuam, Gloucestershire, England Wife Hardwicke Gloucestershire William Gennings 40 Hardwicke, Gloucestershire, England Head Hardwicke Gloucestershire Enes Grening 29 Hardwicke, Gloucestershire, England Brother Hardwicke Gloucestershire Frederick Wilding 7 Quedgeey, Gloucestershire, England Visitor Hardwicke Gloucestershire Looks more like this couple adopted Frederick. Crista

Pat

Pat Report 1 Nov 2004 12:48

Crista Just goes to show you the marriage cert says full age for both Louisa & Frederick but he was no more than 16 years old, two years younger than Louisa? They were a childless couple and adopted a Mary Draper too, her brother lived with them at one stage. Its all very interesting. Crista I am having to update this message as you are too quick for me, my typing is slower than your ability to research this tribe of mine LOL> Well Done again Crista, and a birth too So I do have the wrong birth cert I knew it. Pat x

Crista

Crista Report 1 Nov 2004 13:02

Pat, Here are the only other Wildings from Quedgeley. Anne Wilding 9 Quedgeley, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Quedgeley Gloucestershire Eliza Wilding 34 Upton on Severn, Worcestershire, England Wife Quedgeley Gloucestershire Eliza Wilding 5 Quedgeley, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Quedgeley Gloucestershire George Wilding 60 Herefordshire, England Head Quedgeley Gloucestershire Henry Wilding 10 Quedgeley, Gloucestershire, England Son Quedgeley Gloucestershire Sarah Wilding 12 Quedgeley, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Quedgeley Gloucestershire Selina Wilding 13 Quedgeley, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Quedgeley Gloucestershire William Wilding 1 Quedgeley, Gloucestershire, England Son Quedgeley Gloucestershire I know the father isn't Thomas but who knows if Frederick was telling the truth because he was under age when he married. There is a gap in the ages where Frederick would fit. Crista

Pat

Pat Report 1 Nov 2004 13:27

Well Crista I will soon know I am ordering his birth cert today and we will see. I'm finding all this brilliant, we have gone from not knowing anything about my great grandmother not even her name to all this is its overwhelming. My mother for the first time knows more about this family then she has ever known and could ever have dreamt of knowing. I have just showed her all your work and she is very thankful for all you have done and I am so grateful to you for spending so much of your time on this for us. I only posted this thread today to thank you and certainly did not expect you to do all this. Well from family stories saying my Great grandmother was an American its ironic that someone there has done all this work. Again I can only say a big thank you to you Crista. All the very best Pat x & her very grateful Mum x

Crista

Crista Report 1 Nov 2004 13:42

I don't want to disappoint you Pat but I'm not American, I just live out here. Glad your mum is pleased. Let me know the details of the birth cert. when you get it. Off to bed now, Crista

Pat

Pat Report 1 Nov 2004 13:44

Crista I know you are not American. By the way I was following a lead that Isabella was originally from any area called Cob Dock New York. Have a good sleep you have certainly earned night night Pat x