Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WARNING CON-MERCHANTS AT IT AGAIN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chloe

Chloe Report 1 Nov 2004 10:45

WILLIAM PRINCE PUBLISHERS OF SOUTHWARK are at it again, a friend of mine received this week a letter saying they had researched his family name and would he like to pay to receive all the details, all they are offering is the old family crest rubbish and general details like meaning of surname, all a complete work of fiction

Irene

Irene Report 1 Nov 2004 11:35

Same here, first my son got one then the rest of us. Made me laugh as our name now Dredge it was Dridge before 1913. Irene

Carol

Carol Report 1 Nov 2004 12:25

In case anyone wants to google and see all the warnings out there, the name is WILLIAM PINCE. I think you are supposed to see Prince, optical illusion and all that. My mum got one a while back and luckily passed it on to me before she paid out any cash. Incidentally, this rubbish comes from the same address that the `you have won thousands, send us money to get it` scams.

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Nov 2004 13:04

A colleague of mine at work had one of these a few weeks ago - they claimed to have researched her family name back years and years. But her current name is an Anglicized version of a Polish name and she is only the second generation to use it!! Mandy :)