Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Found deaths but no births!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 31 Oct 2004 22:27

Can anyone help? I've found the deaths (I think) of my Aunt and Uncle,but cannot find their births. William Henry Watts died May 1986 in Sutton Surrey. Says he was born24/7/17.My Aunt, Grace Edith Smith (nee Watts) died November 1997 in Henley, born 17/7/15. Thanks lynne

Carol

Carol Report 31 Oct 2004 22:41

There is a birth for William H Watts in Sep 1917 Camberwell 1d 1106 Mothers maiden name Robson

Carol

Carol Report 31 Oct 2004 22:45

And a Grace E Smith in Dec 1917 Basford 7b 411 Mothers maiden name Rich. Basford is in Nottinghamshire apparently.

Lynne

Lynne Report 31 Oct 2004 22:48

Thank you very much Carol. Yes That is definately my Uncle. My Nan's maiden name was Robson. Where did you find it?

Mary

Mary Report 31 Oct 2004 22:54

Hi I have looked on 1837(had spare credit)and can confirm your uncles birth but the only birth I can find in the correct Quarter and year for a Grace Watts is in Leicester 7a 366 and mothers maiden name is Ward.

Lynne

Lynne Report 31 Oct 2004 22:56

Thank you Constance. She was definately born in Lambeth or Southwark London,after 1914 but before 1917

cazzabella

cazzabella Report 1 Nov 2004 00:08

Hi Lynne, Have you looked for her under her Edith Grace? My Ggrandmother used both her names whichever way round she wanted, but everyone called her by her middle name. Cazza

Lynne

Lynne Report 1 Nov 2004 07:54

I'll try that Cazza