Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with ancestry.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 31 Oct 2004 13:42

I posted a message on ancestry last night and have had three replies this morning. I've tried to access the replies but can't. The message says that ancestry may be updating the system or that the messages may have been deleted. Has anybody else had this problem. What do I do next. I have been trying to access these messages since 8.00 this morning Debbie

Pat

Pat Report 31 Oct 2004 13:55

Deborah I have just checked the message boards and its working for me. Did you try to use the link of an email sent to you as notification? if so maybe try and get into Ancestry itself then go to the relevant message board. Thats all i can think of doing. Pat x

Deborah

Deborah Report 31 Oct 2004 15:14

Pat, Yes I tried that. No new message appears. Thanks for your help. I will mkeep trying. Debs

Pat

Pat Report 31 Oct 2004 15:20

Deborah, Use the help button at the top of the page. I have had to use it a few times, it does help in most cases if it doesnt it will bring you where you can email them, maybe you know this but just in case. Otherwise I cannot think what else to do, except if you want to tell me which board i will see if i can find it for you. Pat x

Angela

Angela Report 31 Oct 2004 17:07

I have had a problem with Ancestry today as well. I found the person I wanted on the 1871 census index but it wouldn't let me view the image. The LDS site is down for maintenance as well. Not a good day!

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 1 Nov 2004 10:11

Deborah, Did you know there's someone doing a one name study for the name Orbell?

Angela

Angela Report 1 Nov 2004 13:23

Still having problems with Ancestry. Still can't view the census data but can get the index. Is anyone else having this problem? I have tried on two different computers.

Maureen

Maureen Report 1 Nov 2004 15:37

I wrote regarding the same problem on here about a week ago - click on the link on the emails and it doesnt work, even suggested i may have deleted the messages My daughter has a lap top which she connected up to the same site, went into my emails, clicked on the link and it worked, so i have come to the conclusion its something to do with my computer - im running millenium edition. Wrote to Ancestry about it and have been ignored. I had only just joined Ancestry and got carried away putting all these messages on different boards, now at the suggestion of someone on here i am making a note of what boards i am using - a bit of a pain.