Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Street/Institution search at Ancestry dot com (Cen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Giles

Giles Report 31 Oct 2004 10:28

Is this possible?

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 31 Oct 2004 10:30

Hi Giles, Short answer - No. Sorry, Gwynne

Geoff

Geoff Report 31 Oct 2004 13:07

If you're prepared to work for it - yes (sort of), but no quick search. On the 1891 (for example) page, below the search box is a list of counties. Clicking on a county gives a list of towns/villages. Clicking on a town gives list of parishes. Clicking on a parish gives the enumeration districts. Clicking on a district gives all the street names in that district. If you are lucky it will give you the page numbers to go with the Piece/Folio numbers. Like I said, you have to work for it but it's better than nothing

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 31 Oct 2004 13:17

Not on Ancestry, but if you have the census discs, they are address searched, so if you have the address, you can ask on the records board if someone has the area you are looking for. Some areas have name indexes too, for instance I have partial name indexes for London 1851 (very limited on areas) & 1861, which is improving more each week it seems. Hope that helps. I also have a Street index for 1871 London, so that is address searched too. Lynda