Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 census - finding a road?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 30 Oct 2004 22:56

Hello - I am having problems locating the entry for 5 Marlborough road, Chelsea, London in the 1881 UK census. I have no names to search for. Has anyone got a name for that road I can use to access the database or is there a better way?

Zoe

Zoe Report 30 Oct 2004 23:08

The Family Records Centre in London holds street indexes to the 1881 census. You could ask on the records board if someone is going and able to look it up for you. I think they would need to look at the fiche there for you and either give you a name for a family so you can look yourself on the LDS or do the look up itself as I'm not sure how you would use LDS to call up the references Zoe

Heather

Heather Report 30 Oct 2004 23:42

Hi John Here is 5 Marlborough Road Dwelling: 5 Marlborough Rd Census Place: Chelsea, London, Middlesex, England Source: FHL Film 1341019 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 0083 Folio 59 Page 32 Marr Age Sex Birthplace John MAXWELL M 30 M Chelsea, Middlesex, England Rel: Head Occ: Carpenter & Joiner Jane MAXWELL M 26 F East Hyde, Bedford, England Rel: Wife Florence MAXWELL 12 F Fulham, Middlesex, England Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar Sophia MAXWELL 10 F Chelsea, Middlesex, England Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar Agnes C. MAXWELL 8 F Chelsea, Middlesex, England Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar Ada M. MAXWELL 7 F Chelsea, Middlesex, England Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar John S. MAXWELL 6 M Chelsea, Middlesex, England Rel: Son Occ: Scholar Herbert A. MAXWELL 5 M Chelsea, Middlesex, England Rel: Son Occ: Scholar Amy R. MAXWELL 8 m F Chelsea, Middlesex, England Rel: Daur Heather