Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Property Plans + maps

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Queenie

Queenie Report 30 Oct 2004 14:30

Has anyone been on the landsearch web site and sent for title or property plans. I have a property in the family I would like to find more out about but would like to know if the site or similar ones are worth the money, Title plan 22 pounds and Property plan 20 pounds.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 30 Oct 2004 14:33

Is that the Land Registry site Amanda or a different one? Jeanette x

Queenie

Queenie Report 30 Oct 2004 14:39

I believe it is the land registery site, think its landsearch.me or something, just been on it to check it out.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 30 Oct 2004 14:47

Hi Amanda Just had a Google and they are different. I've only used the land registry one for business. If you go to www.landregisteronline.gov.uk you can obtain information on who owns the property now. And it only costs £2. These days quite a lot of poeple have the deeds to their properties in their possession so would be able to tell you who has owned the property in the past. Might just be a bit cheaper initially depending on what you are looking for. Jeanette x

Queenie

Queenie Report 31 Oct 2004 09:37

Looks like it could be a good site . Will give it go tomorrow. Cheers