Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my grandfather australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alice

Alice Report 29 Oct 2004 16:15

i would like to know where to find the death of my grandfather Owen Henshaw ,he was born in liverpool uk 1874 but made a new life in australia about the 1920's at first beleived to be in sydney, i saw him once about 1948

Barbara

Barbara Report 29 Oct 2004 18:26

Hi NSW has a free BMD site where you can check out deaths - up to 1945 if I remember correctly. www(.)bdm(.)nsw(.)org(.)au/ Also you can look for surnames from about 1974 from Sydney Morning Herald on www(.)rootsweb(.)com/~nwswdps/ (take out the brackets) Also the rootsweb mailing lists for NSW and DPS (Dead Persons Society) are very helpful if you subscribe to the mailing list (free) and put in a request for help. If you find him on the free bmd site, don't send for the cert via that website, it will cost you more than requesting a transcription via a company like Marbract. Can let you have details if you want them later. Barbara