Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I really need help!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Oct 2004 16:07

Hi, I have only just started my family tree (if you can call it started :-& ! The thing is, i only have the names of my parents and grandparents as well as a few of their sisters, i don't know what to do next, are there things i need to send off for or specific places i need to start/look? I really want to do this, and find the whole idea v. interesting, so hope that some of you can help me in some way and maybe point me in the right direction Take Care All and i hope to hear from you soon

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Oct 2004 16:18

Hi Lisa, welcome to the mad world of relly hunting. At the homepage of the site there is a little section called getting started - it has some very useful sites there which will be of use to you - and just shout on any one of us when you need a hand. She

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 28 Oct 2004 16:21

hi lisa quite a few of us have census disc and subs to ancestry. dont be afraid to ask for help babe. we will be only too pleased susie

Julie-Anne

Julie-Anne Report 28 Oct 2004 20:20

Hi Lisa My name is Julie. I have been tracing my family tree for about 18months. I am willing to help if I can. You should register on family records office to obtain birth,death and marriage certificates. Use genesconnected to log all you find and the info you already have. I can look things up on Ancestry.co.uk if you like or you can join there it gives you access to census's. You can e-mail me at [email protected] If you have msn messenger I can talk to you on-line and guide you through some things if you need me to. Regards Julie

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Oct 2004 11:10

Thanks for this i really appreciate it, will post again soon Lisa

BrianW

BrianW Report 29 Oct 2004 11:38

I suggest that you log all information both on GR and on a tree on your own computer, that way you can select what you put on here e.g. excluding living relatives, but have a full record (and backup) at home.