Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help !!! I need a friend in Maidstone area

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dauna

Dauna Report 28 Oct 2004 11:55

I am so tired, confused and frustrated. I am trying to research family from a small village and surrounding villages in the Maidstone area. I live a long way from there and although I have visited the office recently I came away with disappointment. There are so many with the same name but as it's such a small area I'm sure there is a link somewhere between all of them. My research is for gt gt grandfather's family. He was born c1821 and I know when and where he died and who his children were and approx when they were born and where the family were living in 1881. I need to find his parents and if he had any siblings. I looked on the baptism records for someone I'm sure was his brother but could find no record even tho I have found the name on 1881 census and freebmd. I have been researching for 2 years and feel like giving up. Is there anyone out there who can befriend me, who has time to listen and may be able to help me in the future? I have tried all the free sites and the local library but cannot afford to buy CDs or order loads of certificates.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 28 Oct 2004 12:18

I'm not in the right geographical area, unfortunately, but if it's any help at all I can do some lookups for you on ancestry (1871, 1891 census). Feel free to email!

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Oct 2004 13:36

I have ancestors from that area, Who is it you are looking for and where? If you give us something to work on I am sure we can help. Jim (on behalf of a worldwide group of helpers)

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 28 Oct 2004 15:31

Hi It might be worth keeping an eye on this sute as it develops; http://cityark.medway.gov.uk/ It's mainly Rochester at present, but there's more stuff arriving, I gather, bit by bit. And this is Local Registration info: http://extranet6.kent.gov.uk/kcc/home/home.aspx good hunting Christine

Dauna

Dauna Report 28 Oct 2004 16:29

Thank you everyone. I am looking for connections to William Coppin b. c 1821 in Sutton Valence. His wife was Martha but I can find no marriage. I know their children were Sophia b.1861 and Charles b.1868 both in Langley and they lived in Chart Sutton in 1881. I need to know William's parents and whether or not he had any male siblings. I am curious about Jesse Coppin born c. 1825 in the same village who married Eliza and had 2 children, Jesse and Caleb. Also curious about Edmund Coppin b.1850-1852 in Sutton Valence and William Coppin b. c. 1857 in Hollingbourne. Thanks again for any help you can give Dauna

Ian

Ian Report 28 Oct 2004 17:51

Dauna, Have you looked on LDS/Family Search? It is free. Ian