Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ordering Certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janine

Janine Report 28 Oct 2004 02:03

Could somebody please tell me which site I go to to order a birth certificate & marriage certifcate. I have ordered a death certificate before (wrong one) but I can't rememebr the site. I have the details I need to order. Many thanks Janine

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 28 Oct 2004 02:06

Hi Janine I take it it is for an English cert? You can order from www.1837online.*com or http://www.statistics.gov.uk/registration/default.asp Christine

Janine

Janine Report 28 Oct 2004 02:18

Thankyou Christine - I am ordering away. Cheers Janine

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 28 Oct 2004 08:11

You can also order via Local Register Offices - although only some have online facilities of any kind. Generally, even if you can search online, you end up with a partially completed order from to print off and post with your fee. The up-side of this arrangement is that it's much easier to add extra info as back-up to make sure you get the right certificate; also the local records are source data for GRO, so you bypass an opportunity for missed or mis-transcribed entries. In my (surprised) experience, the process is at least as fast as ordering online from GRO - but I'm in UK. It might work out differently for overseas applications. http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/ using the Local BMD icon from the left-hand menu will give you links to a lot of Local Offices' search websites. good hunting Christine