Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 27 Oct 2004 16:14

hello, can anyone help me i am trying to find information on a edith chalmers that to my knowledge was born in scotland in 1914. can anyone point me in the right direction on how i can find records of this. thanks Amanda

Ann

Ann Report 27 Oct 2004 16:22

Scotlandspeople is a great site. Unfortunateley some of it is down at the moment. Still worth looking at what is available. Ann

Seasons

Seasons Report 29 Oct 2004 08:50

Sorry Scotlandspeople only starts with Births over 100 years Marriages over 75 years Deaths over 50 years so think you will miss out by 10 years. However once you get into the years covered you're on your way and can get a long way really easily and reasonably cheaply compared to english research. However first you have to get past the first barrier. If you know an approximate date and place of birth then contact the GRO for Scotland and ask them to do a search for you. The more exact you are the cheaper it will be. If I recall correctly its £3 per year either side of a year you give them plus the cost of a certificate. I think my first one cost either £15 or £26 but it was worth it to get started.