Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

pc help needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 27 Oct 2004 16:08

Hi all, My norton antivirus has not run for awhile even though it is scheduled. When I try to run the scan it gets part way through and then seems to freeze. Any suggestions please. Gail

Carole

Carole Report 27 Oct 2004 16:44

Hi Gail, Although I can't help you, I can point you in the right direction - Judy in the States is a whizz at stuff like this! I will find one of her threads & nudge it to the top. The answer may already be on her thread, but if it isn't, I'd suggest you send her a message & ask for her assistance. I'm sure she won't mind (apologies for being presumptuous, Judy) Carole

Gail

Gail Report 27 Oct 2004 16:50

Hi Carole, Cheers for that. Gail

Gail

Gail Report 27 Oct 2004 22:34

nudge

Irene

Irene Report 28 Oct 2004 00:34

nudge

Gail

Gail Report 28 Oct 2004 20:33

I still need advice Gail

Gail

Gail Report 29 Oct 2004 22:04

still could do with some advice gail

John

John Report 29 Oct 2004 23:09

HI carole i must agree.Judy in the states sorted out my pc probs,that had plagued me for weeks the lady is a gem. John

Gail

Gail Report 30 Oct 2004 18:58

open to suggestions please Gail

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 30 Oct 2004 19:36

Hi James, Why not uninstall it then reinstall it? That sometimes works. Gwynne

Deborah

Deborah Report 30 Oct 2004 19:45

Do you know what version of Norton it is? And what operating system are you running? Debs

Gail

Gail Report 30 Oct 2004 20:28

Norton 2003 and xp Gail

Deborah

Deborah Report 31 Oct 2004 00:08

Gail, Norton 2003 is a comparitively old product now and it is likely that the recent service pack 2 and /or accumated updates to windows may well be preventing Norton completing. The registry is much more aggresively protected now. I fear the only stable fix will be to upgrade to Symantec 2004 offering although 2005 is now available but I have not tried the product myself. Debs