Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Free BMD and Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 27 Oct 2004 15:04

Am confused. I have found a relative on Free BMD, took the birth month and year, district, volume and page number over to ancestry and did a search there but nothing came up! Am I doing something wrong?

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 27 Oct 2004 15:09

i don't think ancestry have all records online yet

Linda

Linda Report 27 Oct 2004 15:11

ahhhh thanks!!!!!!!!!! Not being doing this long and I do tend to get me brain a bit bogged and fuggled!

Louise2212

Louise2212 Report 27 Oct 2004 15:32

don't worry - the same happens here :D

Judith

Judith Report 27 Oct 2004 15:44

FreeBMD is the website of the volunteer project which is transcribing the GRO registers. Ancestry has an arrangement to provide access to the transcribed index but runs a bit behind FreeBMD. So if you find an entry on FreeBMD Ancestry won't give you anything extra but it IS a good idea to doublecheck it on 1837online (the GRO website) before ordering a certificate. Good hunting Judith

Linda

Linda Report 27 Oct 2004 15:51

Thanks for the help will check it out, my brain hurts!!!!!!!!!