Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

www.lostcousins.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sane Jayne

Sane Jayne Report 26 Oct 2004 21:41

Just incase anybody is interested there is a site called www.lostcousins that maybe useful to some of you. Happy Hunting! Jayne

Jean

Jean Report 26 Oct 2004 22:49

Just had a quick look. Could be helpful but up to now I have only found relatives in this site by tracing the female line! Why aren't my cousins looking at our Fathers line!!! Will have a proper look later, Thanks for the tip Keep looking! Jean

Ann

Ann Report 26 Oct 2004 22:54

Hi Jayne, Just registered on that site, it looks good. As I have now hit a few brick walls, anything that will help is a bonus. Thanks for that. Ann

JG70

JG70 Report 26 Oct 2004 22:54

Thanks for the tip. Had a look but put off as you have to type everything in, can't face it- would take far too long! Also I'm interested in every single branch of the family up, sideways and down - it would be good if you want to do just a main branch. I'll have another look this weekend. Jacquie

JG70

JG70 Report 28 Oct 2004 20:41

Played around with this yesterday and have entered quite a few names. Where this site differs it traces for an EXACT match for relatives as you enter the census folio reference thingy. Could be good if enough people join up. Jacquie

Gem in Wakefield

Gem in Wakefield Report 28 Oct 2004 23:53

Hi Had my first link through Lost Cousins last week. I really do recommend the site. Gem

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 15 Nov 2004 12:02

I entered 225 of my names from the 1881, but haven't got a single match so far. It is nevertheless a great concept - but, it will only really work if enough people enter the details of all their relatives from the 1881 - not just direct line, but their siblings etc too. Also, you need to be careful to enter the details EXACTLY as they are transcribed by the LDS (including all the mistranscriptions!). Anyway, it's free to register and to enter names, so why not give it a go...

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 29 Jan 2005 22:35

had an email from them to say if I get 3 people to sign up (it will be free till June at least) for me and the three that sign, and the more that sign will make the site more successful ,can I get three of you to let me do that thanks I should have made it clear I have to refer 3 people to them myself

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 29 Jan 2005 22:38

I also registered, and got no matches so far. Everyone needs to sign up NOW lol

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 29 Jan 2005 22:44

come on Tracey dont you know anybody that will sign up the more the merrier