Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

burial records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Danny

Danny Report 26 Oct 2004 16:53

How do I find out where somebody is buried? What records are kept?

Ozzies

Ozzies Report 26 Oct 2004 17:11

if u have a rough idea what town/city a person died in then do what i have been doing phone the cementaries, is how i found my mums grave..also there is a website called onlie 1837 it cost 5 pence per page search but as long as you have there name u can look in death section this is how i found my sisters birth and death certificate, still trying to locate her grave as she died in Hayling island but in the county of hampshire but no records of her being buried on the island... by the way i was one of 11 and was fostered hence i never new where my mum and dad was until recently.....good luck in your search but as i say if u no when they died get the cert and go through the county for that area grave yards and phone or, phone local funeral parlours for that area most keep records of buriels they have done

Danny

Danny Report 26 Oct 2004 17:17

Thanks Bev.. I live in Hampshire and a lot of records are kept at Winchester County records office so you could try there for any records for haying island maybe. I know they have got a full BMD index on microflice

Ozzies

Ozzies Report 26 Oct 2004 17:26

ty Daniel, and best of luck in your search.... my husband literally went inot the office in Milton Cem and asked wether my mum was buried there he gave first name and last name and death year , and bingo she was in there, same with my dad in Gosport.. dont give up as fustrating as it gets

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 26 Oct 2004 17:35

Daniel - might be worth trying Hampshire Family History Soc, they may have burial record indexes available on-line, I know the Glos one does!

Danny

Danny Report 27 Oct 2004 09:15

Thanks guys for all your help But all my ancestors are all from London, so I presume are buried there . I will join one of the famulily history soc. in that area.