Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hooray for Google!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeanie

Jeanie Report 26 Oct 2004 16:44

Being my usual muddled self, I decided that the pub that my Gt. Grandfather ran was in Stoke upon Trent instead of Dresden, and not surprisingly could not find it. Having re read the address on the 1881 census, I realised my mistake so Googled it. To my delight, not only is there a photo of it but it is part of a web site which takes you for a walk around the village. I have ended up with: Photo of pub; photo's of church where grandmother got married and other church where gt. Aunt was christened. Also mab ot the area in 1871. HOORAY FOR GOOGLE.

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 26 Oct 2004 23:02

Hello Jeanie What was the site you looked at? I have a lot of people who lived in Dresden, so would be very interested to see it.

Sam

Sam Report 26 Oct 2004 23:44

Hi Ann The best website I have found for this area is www.thepotteries.org It has load of information and photos of the whole of Stoke on Trent and the surrounding areas. Sam

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 27 Oct 2004 09:08

Thanks for that Sam. Will have a look!

Jeanie

Jeanie Report 27 Oct 2004 10:12

I think thats the one. The pub was the Sir Robert Peel, Trentham, which turned out to be Dresden. Note they also have 1881 census. Regards Jeanie