Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1837online help re downloads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 26 Oct 2004 10:29

Hello there I have signed up to 1837online. I followed all the instructions to download the required programme to allow me to view images. I have successfully completed the download and I now have the image on my desktop which tells me its complete. I have double clicked the icon and gone through the stages but the end result prompts a message which says the following: The following files did not self-register or unregister: 1. c:\Program Files\LizardTech\DjVu Control4.5\DjVuCntl.dll Exception occured. It then contiunes to the end but I can still not then view any images on the site!! Any ideas please? Thanks to those who have already replied with advice, but no joy so far I have emailed the support unit but no rely to date!! Elizabeth However, I still cannot view the sample image on the website. I have tried everything but its still not coming up. Any ideas anyone? I did send an email to the company, but alas, no reply from them yet. Elizabeth

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 26 Oct 2004 23:42

I think Patricia is right you have to click on the icon on your desktop to complete installation

Carol

Carol Report 27 Oct 2004 02:53

Long time since I installed it, but I think you may have to restart your computer.

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 27 Oct 2004 14:36

I've seen a query like this before. Would be worth checking other threads (1837 in the search box might work). Otherwise - are you using a Mac computer? If so, I had a similar problem and we eventually realised that all that was needed was to add the suffix ".djvu" to the filename as it was saved and then it would work. good luck Christine