Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Having trouble with 'page not found'

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cazzabella

cazzabella Report 24 Oct 2004 22:49

Is it just me, or is anyone else having to continually refresh the pages on here? Everytime I want to move around this site, I keep getting 'page not found' but if I refresh the page it comes up, usually.......though sometimes it doesn't and sometimes the refreshed page comes up with everything all over the place, no images and text boxes way, way down the page, so I have to refresh it a second time. It's not happening on any other site, just when I'm on here, and it's very annoying! Cazza

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 24 Oct 2004 23:06

Cazza, Guess what? Just clicked onyour heading and ended up with page not available. It is happening to me very frequently, despite following Judy's advice. It is only on this site so there must be something such as heavy use preventing access. Rosemary(Essex) Now having difficulty sending this message for the same reason Third time lucky!

cazzabella

cazzabella Report 24 Oct 2004 23:50

Finally got to reply....lol Thank you all and I will try Judy's suggestions. Fingers crossed. Thanks xxxxxxxxx Cazza

Gwen

Gwen Report 25 Oct 2004 00:28

Hi Cazza, yes I am having the same problems as you, and it only happens on this site!!!! I have followed Judy's advice but still no different. Its been hapenning for some weeks now and its beginning to drive me mad. Gwen

Susan

Susan Report 25 Oct 2004 00:32

this afternoon i had the same problem but now im running ok.

cazzabella

cazzabella Report 25 Oct 2004 01:05

Hi all I tried Judy's suggestions, but it's still doing it. I even rebooted :-((((( It's starting to REALLY **** me off now (please excuse the language) Thanks anyway and sorry to hear that it's happening to you too. Cazza xxxxxxx

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 25 Oct 2004 01:31

Grrrr the LDS site seems to have been down for maintenance for the last 24 hours...now that is driving me mad!! We have a Public Holiday here in NZ and I thought great! I can get some serious searching in.... Not to be!!

Marcie

Marcie Report 25 Oct 2004 08:24

hi cazza had this all last week, mailed g.c. twice, they never replied, but they seem to have sorted it, try mailing them marcie x