Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Battersea London - 1901 Census Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 24 Oct 2004 08:51

Hi anyone, I am wondering if anyone can help with searching under an address 14 Savona Place Battersea for whom was at this address at this time of the Census as my grandparents lived there and I wish to know what other children may have been there at the time. Thanks in advance Michelle

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 24 Oct 2004 09:24

Hi Michelle, You can only do an address search on the PRO website and you have to pay to view the results. If you post the names of the family you expect to find at that address someone may find them on ancestry. Gwynne

Irene

Irene Report 24 Oct 2004 13:29

or we can find them with the 1901 decoder for you. Irene

Michelle

Michelle Report 25 Oct 2004 14:07

Hi there, the names I am looking for at this address would be Catherine Elizabeth Hunt (maiden name Hiscutt) and Percy Robert Hunt. If anyone can help, I'd be indebted Michelle

Anna

Anna Report 25 Oct 2004 14:14

Soneone asked this question yesterday,about who was living at 14 Savona Place and I replied to it The people living there in 1901,according to ancestry are Isaac Hurst and family,noone by the name of Hunt Anna :-)

Michelle

Michelle Report 30 Oct 2004 04:16

thanks for the feeback guys, Anna yes I received your reply thanks....Anna, obviously my great grandparents didnt move in until a tad later if what you found was Hurst in 1901 As my great Uncle was born in1905 at 14 Savona Place Battersea they must've moved a a little later, Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh back to the drawing board on that one.

Crista

Crista Report 30 Oct 2004 04:43

Michelle, Are you sure they were married by then? According to this Catherine would only have been 14 at the time of the 1901 census. Births Jun 1886 HISCUTT Catherine Elizabeth London City 1c 10 I found Percy in 1901 and he is still single. Crista

Michelle

Michelle Report 30 Oct 2004 10:59

Crista, Thanks for the insight, and no I am not certain they were married by 1901, I was assuming simply because of theri childrens birthdates. If anyone can tell me of a date of marraige for Catherine Elizabeth Hiscutt and Percy Robert Hunt (my great grandparents) this in itself would make my task easier. All I do know is that my great Uncle Percy Robert Hunt was born 1905 and my grandfather John Francis Hunt born 1915, they also had a sister Catherine Elizabeth born (date unknown) I guess if my great uncle was born 1905, Catherine (his mother) would have been 17 at the time, not totally unreasonable I guess...

Crista

Crista Report 30 Oct 2004 12:22

Michelle, They must have got married after 1903 as FreeBMD is mostly complete for the years 1901-1903. Have you seen this birth there? Births Dec 1907 Hunt Catherine Elizabeth E W. Ham 4a 203 Crista

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Nov 2004 10:48

Crista, this family stuff is giving me greay hair...I am finding a conflict of information which is driving me nuts so to speak and totally confusing my tree. I have my grandfather and his brother with different mothers listed on differnet documents, there has to be some logical explanation for this as the father is the same but just the mothers maiden names are different.... My grandfathers marriage certificate has his mothers name as Catherine Elizabeth Lee (husband Percy Robert Hunt) Yet his brother Percy Robert Hunt has his mothers name listed on his birth certificate as Catherine Elizabeth Hiscutt (father Percy Robert Hunt) Does this make any sense to anyone?

Michelle

Michelle Report 1 Nov 2004 10:51

Also Crista, the birth date you have for Catherine Hunt, I feel can be the sister of Percy Robert and his brother John Francis. My mum thought she was the eldest of the 3, but she was so young she couldnt recall, so this would make sense if Percy was born 1905, Catherine 1907 and John (my grandfather) 1915 They along with their parents, then migrated to Australia, around 1919/20