Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I wonder when ancestry will add the rest of 1871 Y

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JG70

JG70 Report 23 Oct 2004 21:01

I wish they'd hurry up I want them to add West Yorkshire!! At the moment it says they have Yorkshire - they don't they just have North Yorkshire/ East Coast. Jacquie

Carol

Carol Report 23 Oct 2004 21:02

I am waiting for them to add Somerset.

JG70

JG70 Report 23 Oct 2004 21:04

Let's hope they do both soon. Haven't been to Somerset for years - last time I went was to North Currie/Curry. Verynice County. Jacquie

*Clare

*Clare Report 24 Oct 2004 12:32

I too wish they would had the West Riding of Yorks to the 1871. It seems they concentrate more on the other parts of the country and leave Yorkshire untill last which is a pain in the bum to say the least.(If you want Yorkshire like us that is.)

Bluesavannah

Bluesavannah Report 24 Oct 2004 12:34

Know the feeling as well Jacquie, im desperate for south yorkshire as all my rellies are from the barnsley/rotherham/sheffield area! Claire

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 24 Oct 2004 15:21

well that could explain why my leeds/bradford/hunslet relatives don't exist !?!?

Angela

Angela Report 24 Oct 2004 15:51

It seems to me that they add the least-populated counties first as they are the easiest and they can get a longer list of counties quicker. Yorkshire must be the most difficult so they are leaving it till last. I tried the 1871 today for Hampshire (which is supposed to be there). The village I wanted was in the drop-down list but didn't seem to have any people in it. Most annoying.

Jonathan B

Jonathan B Report 25 Oct 2004 23:37

I too am waiting for Sheffield - I have a few hunches and I need them confirmed. Alucard? Is this your real name or should I be staying away from mirrors? Mind you, wouldn't see it in a mirror would I? I haven't been this scared since the child uttered 'Red Rum' in the Shining! Silly thread, nevermind. Jonathan

cazzabella

cazzabella Report 26 Oct 2004 00:11

I searched the Yorkshire census for ages, all names, all variations and didn't find a sausage (or any rellies either)....then I checked the county list and it dawned on me that none of my villages were even listed. "Time wasters" I grumbled, "You could have said you only had a part of it!" and I went off to sulk :-( Angela.....hope you read this. 1871 Hampshire - did you only get enumeration districts when you looked at the place in the list? If so I think they remove that link to the images when they've added the whole parish to the index and just leave the enumeration districts behind. Cazza

JG70

JG70 Report 26 Oct 2004 09:53

Jonathan,Re names I decided not to use my married name for security - given the scare stories on the site. Toyed with Alucard as a laugh - but decided it was too sinister, who'd want to reply to that who'd seen any Hammer House of horror films!! Decided in the end to go to D'Yorka - my maiden name backwards!! Jacquie

Lesley

Lesley Report 26 Oct 2004 11:45

Saving the best till last I guess!

JG70

JG70 Report 26 Oct 2004 11:48

Yes Lesley, couldn't think of one of those "I like stilton" or similar names!! What do you pick? Jacquie