Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

More Helpful suggestions Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat

Pat Report 22 Oct 2004 21:41

If Anyone has some time to help me I would appreciate it. I posted a thread earlier about Piper and Hart. Some kind people as usual were willing to help me with suggestions, all were very good suggestions too. I went on to the Family Search site and found these Samuel John Piper christened 1849 Birmingham father Ebenezer Thomas Piper mother Eliza went looking for Ebenezer Thomas Piper's marriage and in 1847 he married Eliza HART. If this is Samuel Pipers father its a bit of a coincidence. I am now wondering if this could very well be my couple? Still havent found the marriage but wonder does anyone know which district for the 1871 census would Dale End Birmingham come under? Pat x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Oct 2004 22:14

Have found a Samuel Piper with an Eliza Piper and a Mary A. Piper, all from Birmingham living in London on the 1871 census. The only thing is instead of saying 'head' for Samuel it says father, widower, but then underneath it says wife for Eliza, and they are of a similar age so this must be a mistake I think. Don't know if they are anything to do with your family but I've saved the image if you want to have a look at it. Kath. x

Pat

Pat Report 22 Oct 2004 23:36

Kathleen Thanks very much that does sound strange, I wonder could they be something to do with them, worth checking, I'm checking everything at the moment. I presume its on Ancestry? I have ancestry myself and I must have overlooked them because of them living in London and none of mine seemed to have ventured that far south. Many thanks again Kathleen, Pat x