Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need help for Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 21 Oct 2004 17:58

trying to find some of my irish relatives but how can i get info from over here need it on Coogh - Killavil and Sligo

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 21 Oct 2004 18:13

Hi Jeffrey, what years are you talking about?

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Nov 2004 23:04

sorry took so long iam trying to find info for years 1896-1905-

Sharon

Sharon Report 5 Nov 2004 10:54

Hi Jeffery you could check out the Leitrim-roscommon.com site.It has some of the 1901 census on there,it is not complete. sharon

Karen

Karen Report 5 Nov 2004 13:17

Jeffrey Try the following webiste - remove the brackets first http://www(.)censusfinder(.)com/irish-census-records5.htm Unfortunately its a bit hit and miss as to whether any of your relatives are on it and some of the information is a bit skecthy but it does sometimes help in giving you a starting point. I think they are regularly uploading new data so keep your fingers crossed that your names appear. The green drop down box on the left hand side allows you to selet different irish counties. Hope this is of help. Karen

Patricia

Patricia Report 5 Nov 2004 14:35

Thanks alot for all your help.I have been on rootsweb and posted some messages so i am hoping i will get some thing back.Why is it so hard to get info from Ireland