Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cemetary Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Seasons

Seasons Report 19 Oct 2004 13:59

Went to cemetary whilst in Scotland to find graves of hubby's rellies but had no idea whereabouts to look. Didn't have time to go and visit Forfar's cemetary records office so emailed them when I got back (probably wrong email address). This weekend got an email from them saying they were sending me details by post as it was a bit complicated. Well its arrived this morning with details of 14 rellies two of which had surnames I hadn't come across and also a still birth giving fathers name. I wanted to find out details of rellies husband but alas he wasn't there and the plot had been purchased by her and her son probably long after her husband had died.

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Oct 2004 16:43

Burnley Cemetery Office always very helpful - also cover Padiham Cemetery

Andrea

Andrea Report 19 Oct 2004 21:18

For anyone looking for cemetery info in Lancashire, cemsearch is a great site. www.cemsearch.co.uk I have used them a few times in the past and they really are nice and helpful, and it only costs 6.00 per surname.