Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Limited broad band under £30 a year

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Harry

Harry Report 17 Oct 2004 11:01

Hello, Now that I,ve got your interest. There was some discussion the other day about the merits of various broadbands. Apart from family research I rarely use my computer so I was attracted by an advert at just under the above price Claimed a large amount of satisfied customers and you get a largish proportion of the benefits of broadband for that relatively small amount. Generally speaking you get what you pay for............ any informed comment or guesswork on this subject?

Carol

Carol Report 17 Oct 2004 11:53

My first thought was "Is it genuine?" I tend to go along with the old adage, that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Heather

Heather Report 17 Oct 2004 13:51

Yes I saw that ad too. If you read it you see that they are only offering 3 x the speed of dial up I think. Mine is now 20 times the speed of dial up and I dont think I could bear to go back to being that slow! However, if you are more patient than I am ...........

Harry

Harry Report 17 Oct 2004 14:56

Thank you girls. Carol, you should tell that to my wife - she can,t resist a "bargain". best wishes