Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How can I find someone from Italy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 15 Oct 2004 19:53

Does anybody know how I can possibly trace someone from Italy. I have the full name and date of birth and a rough idea of a last known address. If you can help it would be very much appreciated.

Ann

Ann Report 15 Oct 2004 20:57

Anybody know if the Latter Day Saints covers Italy, I think they cover most of Europe. They might be worth a try. Anybody speak Italian fairly well? I studied it for 3 years but was a few years ago since I spoke any so am very rusty, I do have a dictionary or 2 knocking round the flat though so I can try doing some digging.... if you would like to put some details up I will try my best :) Just tried doing some digging on obtaining French marriage certs so maybe my languages degree wasn't a complete waste of time after all :) Ann

Ann

Ann Report 15 Oct 2004 21:09

It appears that knowing the area would be a big help as it looks like rules and offices may differ from area to area as they all seem to have their own sites. Ann

Ann

Ann Report 15 Oct 2004 21:27

Heres the form you need to fill in to request a cert, not entirely sure it's the right certs may be worth having a real Italian check it out, but other links on the website I got it from (the italian ministry of law/justice?) are broken: (http)://www(.)giustizia(.)it/servizi_cittadino/certificati/66(.)pdf Remove the brackets as usual :)