Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ordering Certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrea

Andrea Report 15 Oct 2004 16:55

I now live in the USA and want to order birth/marriage certificates from the UK. I have done this in the past but cannot find where I download the application form from. Can anyone please help. Thanks Andrea

Is it a bird? is it a plane?

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 15 Oct 2004 17:04

Try this website http://www(.)familyrecords.gov(.uk)/topics/bmd_3.htm#(engwales) (Remove the brackets)

Susanne

Susanne Report 15 Oct 2004 17:06

Andrea, You can now order online at: http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Carol

Carol Report 15 Oct 2004 17:07

1837online have a link which enables overseas people to order certificates online.

Is it a bird? is it a plane?

Is it a bird? is it a plane? Report 15 Oct 2004 17:13

Susanne - I thought you could only order the certs online if you were in the UK?

Susanne

Susanne Report 15 Oct 2004 17:21

Sarah, You used to only be able to order from the UK but now this is what their site says Service Announcement Now extended to customers worldwide following the success of a pilot service for UK residents. * General Register Office - 8th July 2004 Sue:-)

Andrea

Andrea Report 15 Oct 2004 17:51

I tried ordering on-line as I still have an English bank account (switch) but because I have a US address it won't accept the card. Will try other sites. Last time I downloaded a form from census.pro.gov.uk but now that site only deals with 1901 stuff. Andrea

Andrea

Andrea Report 15 Oct 2004 18:00

I went on the family search page and found the form to apply. Thanks for everyones help. Andrea