Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish 1837online?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eagles 4

Eagles 4 Report 11 Oct 2004 18:33

Does anyone know if there is an Irish version of 1837??? Failing that, anywhere I can trace Irish BMD's??

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 11 Oct 2004 18:41

Alas, there is none. You can order certificates but only if you know all the details eg mother's maiden name, address, etc. If you can get to Ireland you can search through the records but there is precious little you can do online if you only have a rough idea. UKBDM technically has Northern Irish certificates and there is a similar site for Ireland http://www.thauvin.net/chance/ireland/bmd/ Good luck.

Eagles 4

Eagles 4 Report 11 Oct 2004 21:09

Thanks Kate, I'll give that a go. Unfortunately I don't have much information to go on at the moment.

Paul

Paul Report 11 Oct 2004 23:24

If you have an idea of when the event was, the LDS have films of Irish BMD Indexes. They cover from 1845 for non-catholic marriages and 1864 for all BMD entries up to 1921. As far as I know, they also hold films for post 1921 entries for both sides of the border. Paul