Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to open my Tree???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

June

June Report 5 Oct 2004 17:38

I have recieves an email from some one today asking if I would open my tree for her to view. I have tried every thing but I can not. I have sent an email back to her thinking I could open my tree when her name appears on my contacts list but her name hasn't appeared. HELP.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Oct 2004 17:41

If you go into your contacts her name should be there. On the right hand side next to her name should be the word 'allow'. Just click on that. Kath

Carol

Carol Report 5 Oct 2004 19:48

When you go to you contacts page, click on inbox, so you can see the most recent messages and the name of the person who sent it. the contacts list is in alphabetical order, not in the order of contact.

Heather

Heather Report 5 Oct 2004 20:57

actually since they changed the layout of GR this has confused me too. Doesnt it say "remove" on the right hand side and you have to click on that to get "allow"?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Oct 2004 21:18

No, it should say 'allow' and when you click on it this gives the other person access to your tree. When you have clicked on it, it changes to 'remove'. You can then click 'remove' at a later date if you wish to remove access from that person. Kath.