Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

adopted sisters new name search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michele

Michele Report 4 Oct 2004 11:39

my sister was adopted as a baby i 1962 has anyone any idea how i can find out her adopted name. the family moved to oz soon after

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Oct 2004 12:00

Sorry Michele, there's no easy way to find her new adopted name. The Adoption Records at the GRO don't link birth names with adopted names. The only way to search for her is with her adopted name. However, I would suggest that you obtain a copy of her birth certificate, and then contact someone like Joan of Myfolks. Lots of people on here recommend her highly and there have been threads about it, so try doing a thread search. But although it won't necessarily be easy, it can be done and don't give up searching for her. All the very best, Mandy :)

Michele

Michele Report 4 Oct 2004 17:02

thanks for that mandy i'll give it a try