Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

search engines

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcie

Marcie Report 4 Oct 2004 09:11

hi can any one give me a list of search engines, i use dogpile altavista and google, hoping there are more i can use many thanks marcie x

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Oct 2004 09:30

I also find Y a hoo very good, and you can sometimes find the occasional bit of useful stuff on Ask Jeeves. Mandy :)

Marcie

Marcie Report 4 Oct 2004 10:48

hi mandy thanks for that marciex

Judy

Judy Report 4 Oct 2004 13:32

The new one....supposed to put Google to shame: http://vivisimo(.)com/ - Remember to remove the ( ) from the address. Haven't played much with it myself ( no time!) so I don't have much of an opinion on it yet. J

Marcie

Marcie Report 4 Oct 2004 16:24

hi judy thanks for that, will try now marcie x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Oct 2004 16:47

I use coppernic basic which gives me 13 search engines. Not sure how I got it though Tony downloaded it for me. ann Glos

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Oct 2004 16:56

Thanks Judy, have added Vivisimo to my favourites. ann Glos