Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Problems

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 29 Sep 2004 12:24

What am I doing wrong? Firstly when I do a reply instead of putting one message it seems to repeat twice or even 3 times which annoys me and will annoy the person who has started the thread. Secondly When I hit the back button I continuously get the Page Expired and have to click on the refresh button. Son says he is too busy to assist (typical) as he's building web sites. Please can you give a thicko some help

Zoe

Zoe Report 29 Sep 2004 12:26

Patricia when you post a message you can't use the back button to return to where you were before as the system will just keep re-posting the message you've written as it tries to go back vi athat page. You need to wait until your message has loaded and then return to the board by clicking on "Message list" at teh top of the screen Zoe

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 29 Sep 2004 12:31

Thanks for that I don't want to cause annoyance Pat

Sprack

Sprack Report 29 Sep 2004 12:32

I did that last night pat, when I tried to add a message I had an error box come up so I pressed send again and had two replys. jenny x

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Sep 2004 12:35

Patricia, this repeat message thing also happens when the site is very slow ... and I've just come on here and noticed how slow it is at the moment, so that's probably something to do with it as well. Mandy :)

Anne

Anne Report 29 Sep 2004 13:30

If you are embarrassed you could always delete the surplus messages. I've done that and it works! Somtimes if you have to wait a long time and get fed up and click 'add' again it does two messages (and sometimes not!!??!!) Anne

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 29 Sep 2004 21:04

Thank you for all your help. I never thought about the delete button as I was being so stupid I guess I panicked a bit. Trust you guys to put me right as usual. Thank you Pat

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 29 Sep 2004 23:11

Hi It's interesting that the Back button doesn't work with Explorer on a PC but it does work with Camino on a Mac. It takes you back (via your postig and teh thread without yor message) as if nothing had been done, so you can go through the messages systematically. Then you click on Refresh and see which threads have had extra posts since you looked before. Christine