Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

information about half brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda

Lynda Report 23 Sep 2004 19:23

at 50yrs old i have just been told i have a half brother numb is what i feel. i have my birth mother was adopted by father my half brother was adopted at 6weeks old. i know very little about half brother i would like to find him but do not know where to start can anyone help? my parents do not want to talk about it.

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2004 19:49

Lynda Do you have a name for him before he was adopted? You can also check the adoption register at Family Record Office, which will be in his adopted name. There's a section on adoption on this website, go to homepage, scroll down to genealogy resources, click on "Getting Started" to find it. nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2004 19:54

Lynda, that must have come as a huge shock to you and I can imagine how you're feeling at the moment. There are lots of people who will point you in the right direction, and I would like to wish you every success in your search. Love Mandy x