Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What family Tree software is best?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris

Chris Report 20 Sep 2004 13:53

Due to my expanding tree i need to get some decent Family Tree program, there is so much choice availabe. e.g. family historian, Family Tree Maker, Heritage Family tree. i am confused! anyone have any recommendations? (i use PAF but it does not suit my needs)

Carole

Carole Report 20 Sep 2004 14:14

Read the thread started my Maz earlier - I have nudged it to the top for you. Personally I use Legacy, a free program. Carole

Sidami

Sidami Report 20 Sep 2004 15:46

Chris, what extra do you want that paf does not have, I would be interested as I also use paf. Sue

Chris

Chris Report 20 Sep 2004 20:16

Hi Sue, i would like to add photographs and make better reports and tree diagrams..

Sprack

Sprack Report 20 Sep 2004 20:42

tribalpages is a good free website, I have over 200 photos on mine. jenny x

Theresa

Theresa Report 20 Sep 2004 23:54

Hi Chris, I started with Family Tree maker, but it didnt really suit me so when it was time for an upgrade i chose Family Historian, it is a lot more complex programme and initially i didnt think that i would get along with it, but i am very happy with it now. Regards Theresa

Raymond

Raymond Report 21 Sep 2004 13:09

family tree 2005 is really good does everything you would require and easy to use. regards ray

Carole

Carole Report 21 Sep 2004 13:59

You can add photos to the Legacy program. Carole