Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Duplicating Same Family Members

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 19 Sep 2004 11:50

This may seem confusing but I'm stuck as to how to enter this onto my tree without having duplicate members! Ken and Lynda are siblings, Ken marries Christine and Lynda marries Colin. Both couples divorce but Colin then marries Christine! I end up with two lots of someone whichever way I enter the details, any help appreciated? I have another one where Franks Mum marries Vic and they have their own children but Frank marries one of Vic's nieces! So I end up with two Franks!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 19 Sep 2004 12:04

Hi Paul I've got a feeling that this may be one of the things that you can't show on your GR tree. I have cousins that married each other and I can't show that on here. Alot of members have this sort of thing in their trees and we've been asking GR for ages to do something that will allow us to enter these marriages, but nothing has been done so far. The best thing would probably be to get yourself a program for your computer that will allow you to enter these. I believe most of them have this facility. Jeanette x

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 19 Sep 2004 12:45

Paul - I think Jeanette is right, as I've tried to do this too with a marriage of 1st cousins! I think I've got mine as duplicates with an explanatory note attached.

Paul

Paul Report 20 Sep 2004 18:25

Thank you both for such a quick response... I've got the computer programs that seem to be able to deal with this situation but was hoping for the same on here... I shall take your suggestion of adding a note as that does seem to be the only way to go... Thanx again