Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice about what to do next?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 18 Sep 2004 19:59

I have traced my Adams relations to Little glemham in Suffolk. Thanks to help from GR members I now know Joseph adams married hannah Butcher and had a son George. I have this from the BVRI as a record of George's christening. Where do I go from here? I don't know where Hannh came from, or if Joseph was born in Little Glenham I don't know where they were married. How do I go about finding out, and what can I do on the internet before I have to go to records offices? I have asked someone to look up BVRI to see if they were married in Little Glenham and if Joseph was born ther. Any help appreciated. linda

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 18 Sep 2004 20:07

George was born in 1831. Linda

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 18 Sep 2004 20:10

Joy This is the info I have: ADAM, George Christening Gender: Male Christening Date: 4 Mar 1832 Recorded in: Little Glemham, Suffolk, England Collection: BTs Father: Joseph ADAM Mother: Hannah BUTCHER Source: FHL Film 918520 Dates: 1831 - 1832 Linda

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 18 Sep 2004 20:27

Hi Just in case you're entering place-names in a search... I had a look on Multimap and there really is a place called "Little Glemham" with an M in the middle, not an N. Having said that, it's probably worth trying both because you won't be the only person who thought it should be an N. Until I looked in Multimap, I thought the later posting had the error! Christine

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 18 Sep 2004 20:36

Thank you Christine, you are right! I made the error, shows how easy It is! Should give me the edge if I apply to transcribe the next census. lol Linda