Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I CAN'T GET MY PAF TREE ON TO GR........HELP PLEAS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 18 Sep 2004 18:06

I have created a GEDCOM file for my PAF family tree using Genes Reunited instructions. Every time I try to import it to GR i keep getting this Internet Explorer message popping up "PROBLEM LINE IN GEDCOM: O TRLR" it says "NO INDIVIDUAL IN THE GEDCOM FILE MATCHED THE OWNER OF THE TREE". Can anyone tell me why it keeps doing this. I am tearing my hair out!!!!!!!!!!! Diane

Russell

Russell Report 18 Sep 2004 18:12

Hello Diane, Make sure that your details are exactly the same on PAF as what you have put on GC. Also save the GEDCOM as 'other GEDCOM 5.5' and 'char set - ANSI'. I hope that this solves the problem, if not try contacting support. Russell

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 18 Sep 2004 18:15

Diane you are not the first to ask this. It has going on for ages and I have never seen a reply from GR. Given that this is the "backbone" feature of the site this is amazing. I don't know the answer cause I just deleted my tree and tried to reload and got the same message! Bob

Kim

Kim Report 18 Sep 2004 18:41

has anyone recently had a reply from Gr support , I have not had one for ages ? Just curious as to whether there is any support now?? Kim

Jubal

Jubal Report 18 Sep 2004 19:10

I contacted Michelle of GR through one of her posts about GR and their recent problems. She did reply, asking me what exactly the problem was, I then replied immediatley back to her, that was on Tuesday, I am still waiting to hear back. The last time I couldn't upload my gedcom to GR, it took them SIX weeks to sort it out! Best Wishes, Julie