Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trouble paying on national archives site

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lucky

Lucky Report 18 Sep 2004 09:47

Anybody else having trouble paying for a download on documents online. Been trying since last night. Tried two different cards just keeps saying invalid card number. Diane

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Sep 2004 11:11

Diane Sorry. I've only ordered once from TNA and it all went swimmingly. Are you sure its the card number - if it says that for both cards you tried then there may be a mistake their end - or perhaps your cards have expired. I had a message from ONS when ordering certs from them about my card and it turns out that I'd typed my full name instead of my initials, which is what is on the card. nell

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 18 Sep 2004 11:14

Had no problem with Docs Online but a more general one: We had a problem when the post office had updated - "improved" - our local postcodes and we didn't get around to notifying the credit card company for ages. We had to keep putting the old postcode for online/telephone purposes otherwise the system couldn't match up the number and address. Christine

Lucky

Lucky Report 18 Sep 2004 11:35

Ones a new card this months but have used it in shops and been fine, other I've had for ages. I've sent a feedback e mail and hope they get back to me. Only used them once before but no problem at all. Hopefully a glitch on their site. Itching to download the medal card though. Diane

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 18 Sep 2004 11:54

I used it last night too funnily enough! No probs with card, don't forget to tab to next box after every 4 digits and between the month and year of expiry date. Also double check you have selected the right card type - maybe it jumped to a default while you weren't looking! Maz. XX

Lucky

Lucky Report 18 Sep 2004 13:51

Cracked it!! clicked on delta sign instead. Very strange, both my cards are Visa. Never mind got there in the end. Image not brilliant and doesn't say much, looks like he got the Voctory and British medals. Not much of a victory when he was killed in action aged 36 in 1918. Diane