Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how do I delete part of my tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 17 Sep 2004 23:07

I have been trying to delete a family from my tree but every person on it I try to delete keep getting the message you cant delete anyone with parents/children etc so what do I do anyone know thanks

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 17 Sep 2004 23:47

Hi Valerie You have to delete all children first. So with the line you are trying to delete start with the family members with the most recent dates of birth. Then delete their parents and siblings, then their parents and siblings and so on. Hope this makes sense. If it all gets too much for you (lol!) email the Genes Team and they'll do it for you Jeanette

Val wish I'd never started

Val wish I'd never started Report 18 Sep 2004 00:16

oooh it sound svery complicated I will give that a try thanks very much