Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help, ancestry.co.uk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcie

Marcie Report 17 Sep 2004 16:16

hi i took a £6 pay and view option today, (as i thought its not fair to keep asking for help) and i cannot find half of what i,m looking for, does anyone know if on the 1871 census hampshire has been added yet, and can anyone find henrietta jane rowbottom born islington circa 1850, this is driving me mad, how i really appreciate peoples help now i know how difficult it is any advice would be appreciated marcie x

Carole

Carole Report 17 Sep 2004 16:21

Hi Marcie, Afraid Hampshire isn't on the 1871 census yet. The counties available for each census are listed underneath the search box. Carole

Maggie

Maggie Report 17 Sep 2004 16:42

Hi Marcia, How did you get a £6 pay option I thought they only did quarterly or yearly? Maggie

Marcie

Marcie Report 17 Sep 2004 16:43

hi jim, carole thanks for help, i did,nt notice that hants was missing from list (duh) neither is warwickshire there and i need that also, but henrietta was born in islington/hoxton so she should be on census as she did,nt marry till 1879, so glad i did,nt subscribe marcie x

Marcie

Marcie Report 17 Sep 2004 16:45

hi maggy just clicked onto subscribe and there was the option £6 plus tax £1 or so and you can view 20 pages marcie x

Maggie

Maggie Report 17 Sep 2004 16:48

Hi Marcie, Whats the web address I've just looked on Ancestry.com and it does'nt have this option, is there another Ancestry address? Maggie

Marcie

Marcie Report 17 Sep 2004 16:50

hi maggy i logged onto ancestry.co.uk. will go back and have another look, cos the way my brains been today ! marcie x

Jubal

Jubal Report 17 Sep 2004 16:52

Marcie. I have the 1871 for Hampshire on CD. If you would like a lookup feel free to ask. There is no name index though or street (if the population was under 40,000), so I'll need as much information as possible. Julie

Marcie

Marcie Report 17 Sep 2004 16:58

hi maggy just gone through again, and it,s right go into subscribe and it,s there marcie x

Maggie

Maggie Report 17 Sep 2004 17:01

Thanks Marcie, Will try again. Maggie

Marcie

Marcie Report 17 Sep 2004 17:02

hi julie thats really nice of you, i,m looking for john bunch of yateley born 1853, parents george and sarah bunch who were aged about 61 & 53 hope he will be there, but he may have left for work but cannot find him anywhere else either many thanks marcie x